Music is a natural form of expression in the development of children and can be an integral part of the school curriculum from elementary throughout high school. Hawaiian Elementary offers a music program that has aesthetic, creative, cultural, and academic values that complete and further the educational and social values of a quality education. Hawaiian Elementary music program is responsible with assisting in discovering and nurturing musical talent. Every child has the opportunity to develop their potentiality for musical expression through exploration, experimentation, exposure, and enrichment.
Hawaiian Elementary offers three bands, level 1 (beginning Band), Level 2 (2nd year players), and Level 3 (3rd year players).
Instrumentation that is offered:
Flute, Clarinet, & Alto Saxophone
Trumpet, Trombone, & Baritone
Concert Snare Drum, Bass Drum & Auxiliary Percussion
The Goals for Hawaiian Elementary Music Program are:
- To develop student understanding and appreciation of the various types, styles, and forms of music which can be beneficial during an entire lifetime.
- To develop better citizenship. Music participation emphasizes the ability to work with others as a member of a team. It teaches the importance of a cooperative effort, acceptance of leadership, acceptance of differences, and the need for self-discipline and responsibility.
- To make students aware of the possibilities music offers as a career or vocation.
- To contribute to help broaden the cultural life of our community.
- Our performing groups should strive to perform at the highest artistic level consistent with the experience and maturity of the group.